Thursday 9 January 2014

A Prayer for Bangalore

I confess, I love my city, how much I cannot say,
The waking sky each misty dawn glows a paler grey.
Far above my head, the canopy's bed-
Rustles ever-green,
A lovely sight none but the keening, wheeling
Kites have ever seen.
May God protect this city, may He keep it from harm,
When the skies cry for Bangalore,
Let the falling tears be warm.
My heart is in this city, and here my heart must lie,
To beat and pray for Bangalore, and, one day, to die.

Wow, I never believed I was capable of that kind of poetry. The things that model exams can drive you to- SMH. This reminds me of what I call 'American super-sentimentality'. To know what I mean, read 'Little Lord Fauntleroy' and 'Little Women'. Enough said.

I hope you are having a good 2014! New Year's post coming soon, I PROMISE, after these pesky, dratted, goshdarn, mallowing exams are over.Till then, fair maidens! Till then, paunchy, middle-aged gentlemen! Goodbye.

No comments: