Thursday 25 September 2014

Update

             Thank you all for the kind comments (three, in grand total) on the other posts. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated (picture me, at one in the morning, tears streaming down my face like "somebody cares about my writing!") About Internet Education Week, I will eventually finish it. You just gotta believe, baby. Forget what your mother told you about me, That last haircut she got should be enough evidence of her poor judgement.

          Redbird, on the other hand. I know there are some people who want me to continue that (humour my delusions), but I am really not in the right place right now. I think Ghana is the right place. Or maybe Ukraine. Later, maybe I'll pick up where I left off. We'll see.

                       I'm just going to tell you about a bunch of things that I'm excited about. First, the universe is expanding. Second, I'm going to an observatory outside Bangalore on Sunday, to observe, presumably, and get a demonstration of radio astronomy techniques by a professor from the Indian Institute of Astrophysics. Third, India put a satellite into Martian orbit! Yay! Good job, ISRO.

                   Here is a collection of beautiful space pictures: http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/ You all should look at them and be amazed.

           Lastly, in irrelevant news, I FINALLY watched 'The Godfather'. As a work of cinema, it is a masterpiece. I'm not going to recommend that you all watch this though, because it is quite graphically violent. And disturbing. And shockingly patriarchal. I haven't seen the second one yet, but my hope is that Michael gets kidnapped or something and Kay becomes the next Don Corleone. THAT would be cool. But, still, good movie!

           Have a good week, children. Lay off the red meat. Leave the gun, take the canoli. Adios!


No comments: