Wednesday 9 October 2013

My Deepest Darkest Not-So-Secret-Anymores

                  Gah, okay, let's get this over with.

My Guiltiest Pleasures:
1. I secretly like One Direction now (not so secretly any more, I guess). I tried and tried to resist their cuteness and- well, their cuteness basically, but I couldn't. Just like my pathetic surrender to jeggings. DON'T MISTAKE ME- I still have no value for them as musicians (even though 'The Best Song Ever' is insanely catchy. You know what, make the rest of this post better, just turn it on and dance to it while you read this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcZBhvSxg_8) because they don't write their own songs, or even play their own instruments. They just sing well and any fool can do that (highly ironic considering that my shower-time serenading sends the neighbours running to our house pleading that we stop torturing the poor cat. True, and funny, story, I was trying to see how high I could go this one time when my sister was asleep, and she rolled over and said, with great urgency, "Ma! Help the poor animal.") 

Let's not be in any doubt over this: I consider One Direction a group of performers and nothing more, and I am outraged by any comparisons between them and the Beatles. That being said, they're adorable and I want a giant ceiling- sized poster of them for Christmas to plaster to my bedroom (you guessed it) ceiling. Quick run through of the reasons why I no longer pretend to hate this British boy band:

Harry Styles Hairy Styles (Yes, I'm doing this just for that play on words):


   




Can I just say- he is incredibly beautiful? Okay, let's leave it at that. (Follow me for Harry Styles' incredibly voluminous brown crop? Guess what he's hiding in there in the comment section? No? Dammit, STOP REJECTING MY EFFORTS TO INVOLVE YOU.)


2. Reading celebrity gossip. I know, I know, it's stupid and superficial, and no sensible person would exhibit any interest in whether or not Kristen Stewart really is expecting a little Twilight baby, or Miley Cyrus has orange or beetroot juice for breakfast, or whatever, but I just can't help myself! I will happily spend HOURS reading about every insignificant, trivial detail of their flashy lives, and I am as disgusted about this as you are. Moving on.

3. Sometimes I dip Hide 'n' Seek biscuits in peanut butter and eat them. Once when I was having a particularly bad day, I dipped them in freaking Nutella (freaking Nutella tastes much better than just plain Nutella by the way.) I am aware that this makes me undeserving to live on this planet and I would just like to take this moment to apologize to humanity. I'm sorry, humanity.

4. I actually enjoy watching America's Next Top Model. Sometimes I even forget to pretend that I'm just watching the show to laugh at the Amerian fashion industry and everything it stands for. The truth is those bimbos and their in-house issues and Tyra's mad rhyming skills are just engrossing.

And that concludes it. If you don't hear from me again it's probably because I'm lying face-down in a pool of peanut butter, covered in cookie crumbs and reading about Rihanna's favourite breakfast cereal while "What Makes You Beautiful" plays on repeat in the background. Ttyl, gotta finish watching that season of ANTM with my sister.

SCIENCE JOKE! What d'yu get when you drag a sobbing conductor through a uniform magnetic field? Emotional e.m.f. (Explanation for the commerce students: this is normally called MOTIONAL emf :P  Aaaand, my joke is dead. CURSE YOU, COMMERCE STUDENTS. YOU ARE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH.)

LOOK A FOLLOW BUTTON!!!




No comments: